Benefits of Fenugreek Consumption
Just like many other herbs, Fenugreek is one such herb that has a lot of benefits. It is known as a multi-purpose herb that has been used over the years not only to add flavor to the food but to improve health and well-being of the people along with smoothing out any skin related diseases. It is one of the main ingredients that is used in many Indian herbal medicines or dishes.
Furthermore, the herb is available in powder form, or one can find it easily in the form of a pill. There are a lot of benefits of using fenugreek seeds. Some of the most common yet important ones are listed below:
- Fenugreek is used mostly by women as it helps them increase the levels of breastmilk production. The seeds have a higher concentration of diosgenin which a compound. It has similar properties like estrogen. According to research, the consumption of Fenugreek seeds by women can boost up the levels of milk production up to 500%.
- The fenugreek seeds have been used mostly to treat and soothe skin infections. It helps people get rid of acne scars, burns, eczema, blisters etc. it was quite natural for women in the past ton apply a paste of fenugreek seeds on their skin. The paste usually includes a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds mixed up with warm water.
- However, the most useful use of fenugreek seeds is that it helps control diabetes. It can absorb the excess sugar in the body, thus promoting the secretion of insulin. The seeds can be consumed by both type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients. Several types of research and studies have been carried out to prove this. A study was conducted in which there were two groups with diabetes. It was observed that the group which was given fenugreek seeds regularly witnessed an improvement in the symptoms related to diabetes.
- Furthermore, the fenugreek seeds are also useful in treating any problems related to the digestive system. It can help improve digestion by eliminating the chances of any stomach related disorder. Consuming fenugreek seeds during a digestive issue can help relieve the symptoms as the seeds are rich in mucilage, which helps keep problems like constipation at bay. It helps in the stimulation of smooth bowel movement by softening the mucus membranes. Moreover, the seeds tend to create a protective coating near the walls of the stomach or in the intestines. It helps prevent inflammation or heartburn. However, fenugreek tea should be consumed in case of indigestion as it is the most effective form of tea one can take.
- People who consume fenugreek seeds daily can control and balance the cholesterol levels within their body. It was observed in a study that people who had fenugreek seeds consecutively for 24 weeks managed to reduce their cholesterol levels by 14%.
how it can help people Quit Smoking
However, fenugreeks are not only useful or beneficial for the reasons that are mentioned above. There are many underlying reasons as well that makes it one of the healthiest seed that exists today. People who smoke or the ones who have given up smoking should consume fenugreek seeds as it is going to protect them from collateral damage. Some people have diabetes, but they are chain smokers as well. Smoking hardens and narrows the blood vessels of people which restrict the amount of blood that can flow within the human body. Consuming fenugreek seeds can help them control their blood sugar levels as they are already putting themselves at risk if they are smoking regardless of being diagnosed with diabetes.
Furthermore, people who have digestive issues should also consume fenugreek seeds, especially if they are chain smokers as smoking is linked to many disorders in the digestive system. It is quite normal for people who smoke to experience GERD, i.e. gastroesophageal reflux disease, heartburn, ulcers, colon cancer etc. Incorporating the use of fenugreek seeds in the diet can minimize the chances of serious digestive issues that can ultimately result in life-threatening problems like colon cancer. The best way to mitigate the risk is to start consuming the fenugreeks seeds for recovery from any sort of issues related to diabetes or the digestive system.